Currently at an exciting stage of our development, Aviation Heritage UK is keen to recruit a Web Master for our website.
AHUK is run by a friendly team of volunteers with a range of backgrounds and experience. Perhaps you would like to offer some support to our important aviation heritage activities whilst gaining skills and experience through volunteering or perhaps you are retired with a little spare time.
We are looking for a Webmaster to maintain the AHUK website to meet user needs. You will be responsible for making the site easy to use, attractive and secure.
In this role, you should be detailed-oriented and a good communicator. Balancing a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. If you also have a strong technical background, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure the functionality and efficiency of our website
- Build functional and easy-to-use web pages
- Test the website across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot servers
- Ensure site security by setting up firewalls and login pages
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images
- Update website content and review SEO
- Monitor and analyse site performance (e.g traffic, conversions)
- Address user complaints
You should have:
- Experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Proficient in Word Press
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills